Sunday, September 8, 2013

It's been a long time, but I haven't forgotten the journey, it continues...

This morning I referred someone to look at my blog, then I went back and realized I haven't posted since January, SMH.  I realize that while the beginning Dec. 2011 story might be inspiring, it's like an unfinished story.  So I don't know how much I can back track today but I can at least tell you where I am and share some pictures :).

Today I got on the scale and finally! after a loooooong time, got under my last weight.  I lost 1.6 pounds and landed exactly on 202.0!  I still haven't broken 200, but I am 2 pounds away, and for some reason while at 203.6 and 203.4 going back and forth I didn't think I would ever break it, this one little pound has made all the difference.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a scale obsessive as it may sound, but when you get so close to a round number like 200, and when you've never been under 200 in your adult live, then it gets a bit exciting.

I have a confession... I left MyFitnessPal for awhile, got tired of MediFast and decided that I just wanted to eat like a "normal person."  Now the question is, what the hell does that mean?  Normal eating is not the same for everyone.  My definition became, eat whatever the hell I want to eat.  No good.  I gained 6 pounds, was nearing 210, and I said to myself, "Natalie, you need to chill out, you can't live in your definition of "normal person" because obviously it's bringing you down that downward spiral path again, and you said you'd never go back."  So I started reaching out to my fitness enthusiasts like Natalie Maddox http://www.reebok.com/nataliemaddox Crossfit extraordinaire and body competitors (whom I went to Undergrad with).  We had an inspiring phone call, and she reminded me who I was, how far I'd come and that it takes a village to reach your fitness and health goals.  I said I'm going to going to get back into Take Shape for Life (TSFL)/Medifast and try to get back down to where I was, and pass the 200 mark, then I was going to try something else.  I love TSFL but it's a bit pricy and is a tool to get you to your goals, but cannot be used for the rest of your life.

I'm happy to say I feel like I'm back on the road to glory.  I shopped in my BFF's closet through her 14s and dare I say 12s!  I gave up my LaneBryant card, except for the occasional bra (but even those are about to not fit either).  I still haven't Unsubscribed from the AshleyStewart email listserve, but I no longer open them because there are no options for me there.  I go in the department stores to shop for clothes, and often pause at the plus size section then remind myself that it no longer represents my home base.  It's weird, and great all at the same time.

Here are a few pics I've taken, starting with the beginning...

 December 2011 and April 2013
 October 2011 and January 2013
 Somewhere between February and May 2013
July 2013


Ok that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment