Saturday, January 11, 2014

Whole Life Challenge - Getting Back in the Groove


Today is the first day of the Whole Life Challenge, a new experience I am embarking on for 2014.  It is a combination of exercise, nutrition, and positive lifestyle habits to help maintain an overall healthier me. I am already excited about this program because we have a team of 17 people that we are competing with and it is already motivating me to work hard, plan my meals, and be accountable.

Today I had a great food day.  On this diet we are not allowed to eat any artificial ingredients.  So by sticking to Trader Joe's and Farmer's Market, I have been able to find lots of fresh items and even packaged goods with all natural ingredients.  I went to the farmer's market this morning to pick up onions, portobello mushrooms, free-range eggs, and apples.  My morning meal was a Kefir smoothie with frozen mango, pineapple and blueberries.  For lunch I had a Mexican inspired meal that was something like a tostada, but without the nachos.  Ground turkey with black beans, topped with tomato salsa and two tablespoons of guacamole.



For dinner I pan seared some thin sliced boneless pork with apples I got from the farmer's market and ate it on a bed of cauliflower rice with a side of steamed broccoli.  I cooked enough to eat throughout the week, and with the two dishes it should provide some variety.

I had a short workout this morning that included the WLC challenge pre-game workout with lots of squats, push-ups and sit-ups, along with some running.  I am ready for day two, and excited about being consistent and making it through the next 55 days.

I have to keep shocking my body and trying new things to keep this weight off.  It is a never-ending journey, one day at a time, one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment